Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Clean sweeping

I worked on a room or more each day. I was so tired have having chaos all over the place. I had a goal of one room/section of the house a day. I was motivated by a girl at work who had cleaned out her bathroom under her sinks so I thought I would start there and then I just kept going.

Now this may still cause alarm to some that are OCD but I am not and I did not take before pictures this time but believe me all these rooms/areas look so much better.

04/24/12 I did start with the bathrooms under the sinks. We have 3 bathrooms so it was alot of work. I had at least 1 1/2 bags of garbage from under the sinks. Didn't you know that much garbage could be in such small places.

04/25/12 next I worked on this little section of toys. I did throw away a large size safeway bag of garbage away and did donate a garbage size bag of toys the kids have outgrown. SHHH... They do not know what I threw away.


04/26/12 Caitlyn's desk area. I recycled a Costco diaper box of papers. I don't know what is with this girl and paper but it is all over and she feels the need to save it. I also got ride of another bag of garbage.


04/27/12 One of the bigger tasks Evan's room. He felt the need to keep everything on the floor. I mean everything. So while he was playing downstairs I cleaned it all up. I got ride of another bag of garbage and broken toys. We donated a huge bin of toys/clothes to the church too.

04/28/12 Caitlyn's room next. I was really worried about her but it just needed some organizing. She got rid of a bunch of clothes and yes another box of paper.

Same day still.. The computer desk. I dusted it. It was really bad. We had not cleaned it in so long. Our computer stopped working so we just stay away from here but it really needed a good dusting. You can actually see that things are black not grey.


More of the same day. I cleaned my room. I could not do much with my scrapbooking area since I don't want to throw any of that away. I did find a bag of garbage to throw away. I am really bad about my room since it really is a catch all and we can close the door and no one will know better.

04/29/12 The paper heaven. I guess I know where Caitlyn gets her paper fetish from. This is usually covered in papers, bills, reciepts and coupons. I got rid of some much stuff. We can actually use this part of the counter as space for cooking. Imagine that the kitchen counters are used not for storage.

Here are just a few bags of garbage. We had probably 6 or 7 bags of garbage that was purged from out home. It feels so nice. I even got a compliment from Jeremy about the house looking nice.


I am sure I will have to revisit the purging again but hopefully I can keep it up.


2 comments:

  1. You did so great!! All of your rooms look wonderful. You are inspiration to all of us who need to organize, donate, or throw out the garbage thats cluttering our houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job!! The rooms look great. We just cleaned out the kid's toys too. But most is coming to your house next month... The kids had A LOT of toy story stuff :)

    ReplyDelete