Thursday, February 2, 2012

When the sun comes out...

Evan saw the sun today and thought it was a great to swim. I tried to reason with him but he had his heart set on swimming so like a good mom I will humor him...

Beautiful Day

Cleaning out the pool and filling it up.




Then of course the swimsuit


1st try.. Yes, I said 1st try.



It's cold, I want out
 

WWAAAA... I am cold. I want to go in.

Mom said, "Now Evan are you going to listen to me when I tell you it's too cold to swim?"
Evan said, " Yes, I will listen too you."


Here is the 2nd try...(within about 30 seconds of the 1st try.)



Can you see the shiver in him.

Once more, I am out of here. (no that is not snow on the side of the pool, that is soap from cleaning it.)





Now he is really done. He got dressed and had a picnic lunch on the living room floor.

The joys of being 3 and very stubborn. Always wanting to do the things we want to not what were told. I guess this is a lesson for life.

John 14:23-24“Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.”



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you actually filled up the pool! Brrr. :) My girls would have probably stayed in it. Lol! :) Silly kids... But really, more than stubbornness I think it's also optimism. Think of how much fun WE would have if we weren't bothered by a little "cold". ;)

    ReplyDelete